Developing Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Strategies to Reduce Neglected Infectious Diseases
Reducing Prevalence of Trachoma, STH, and Ectoparasitosis in the Indigenous Communities of River Cubiyú, Vaupés, Colombia
- Engage a diverse group of stakeholders early, including the community.
- Use a secure health information management system to improve real-time monitoring.
- Involve community leaders throughout the microplanning process to ground activities in the socio-cultural context.
- Validate beliefs and ways of life of the community during planning.
- Develop a logical framework and action plan, in collaboration with stakeholders, to guide campaign actions and decisions.
- Develop an integrated microplanning strategy based on the situational analysis.
- Make campaign decisions in a participatory manner with health and indigenous community leaders.