Collaborative Campaign Planning of Vitamin A Supplementation and LF Elimination
A pilot study of collaborative planning for integration of vitamin A supplementation and mass drug administration for eliminating lymphatic filariasis (LF) in Nepal.
- Set up a working group or coordinating group to oversee campaign integration.
- Understand the views of health workers, FCHVs, managers, and engage stakeholders early.
- Conduct field observations as part of monitoring activities.
- Interact with communities to understand views, opportunities and barriers to integrated campaigns.
- Develop a complementary monitoring and supervision (CMS) approach to guide health workers in delivery of intervention.
- Develop a plan to reach migrant/mobile populations. In Nepal, there is a need for a supplementary program to reach people missed in the scheduled campaigns in sites where travel is high, especially for migrant workers and populations travelling during festival seasons.
- Develop tailored information, education and communication materials about the safety of LF MDA, to encourage eligible people taking it.