Collaborative Campaign Planning of Vitamin A Supplementation and LF Elimination
A pilot study of collaborative planning for integration of vitamin A supplementation and mass drug administration for eliminating lymphatic filariasis (LF) in Nepal.
Research Methods and Approaches
This case study used a relatively new approach in Nepal. The study team closely involved government division officials and the Campaign Integration Working Group (CIWG) in Nepal at all stages. Primary qualitative data were collected during focus groups and interviews at all levels of the government to incorporate the perspectives of stakeholders, and complemented a secondary review of existing reports and guidelines in Nepal.
- Desk reviews
- Focus group discussions with FCHVs
- Key informant interviews with officials
- In-depth interviews with beneficiaries
- Desk review of annual reports, literature, existing guidelines, and online databases
- Key informant interviews with officials at all three levels of governing bodies: municipality (n=7), provincial health directorates (n=4), concerned divisions (n=7), and two high-level officials in the Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP) (n=2)
- Focus group discussions with FCHVs in two health facilities (n=4 each FGD, N=8 total)
- Home visits to conduct in-depth interviews with two individuals identified by FCHVs as not having received MDA
- Review of minutes, exercise sheets, and discussion notes