View the COVID-19 vaccine introduction toolbox, designed by the World Health Organization (WHO) to equip all countries to prepare for and implement COVID-19 vaccination by providing guidance, tools and training. This toolbox – intended to support Ministries of Health, health workers, partner organizations, and other stakeholders – is organized in line with the Guidance on Developing a National Deployment and Vaccination Plan for COVID-19 vaccines and will be updated as new resources become available.
Stand out resources of the toolbox include:
- Monitoring COVID-19 Vaccination guidance for data collection, key performance indicators and the use of information systems
- The WHO Coronavirus Dashboard to track global vaccine roll-out
- A COVID-19 vaccine-specific resources course on OpenWHO
- Information about the COVAX No-Fault Compensation (NFC) Program for AMC Eligible Economies
- A COVID-19 vaccine checklist for frontline health workers
Other focus areas in the toolbox include:
- Developing a National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NDVP)
- Submitting a National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NSVP)
- Regulatory preparedness
- Indemnification and liability
- Costing and funding
See what’s new!
COVID-19 Vaccine Specific Resources
You can also watch the videos from the COVID-19 vaccine-specific resources course on how to handle, prepare, and administer COVID-19 vaccines here:
- AstraZeneca ChAdOx1-S/nCoV-19 [recombinant] COVID-19 vaccine training video (5 min)
- Moderna mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine training video (6 min)
- Pfizer Comirnaty Tozinameran training video (7 min)
- Recognizing Anaphylaxis training video (4 min)
- The Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine explainer is now available.
- Considerations for optimizing deployment of AstraZeneca/AZD1222 and SII/Covishield vaccines in a time-limited constrained supply situation provides an overview of programmatic considerations to guide national decision-making.
COVID-19 Vaccine The ability of a campaign to achieve specific objectives related to coverage, equity, efficiency and impact. Guidance
- Vaccine effectiveness and impact guidance and its accompanying sample size calculator provide interim guidance on how to assess COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness. It discusses critical considerations in the design, analysis and interpretation of vaccine effectiveness evaluations to avoid biased results.
COVID-19 Vaccination Capacity Training Resources
- The Health Worker COVID-19 Vaccination course is now available in various languages: AR CH EN FR RU SP and also in Dutch, Indonesian, Macedonian, and Vietnamese. If you’d like to request The ease in reaching health services or health facilities in terms of location, time, and ease of approach. to the presentations, please email COVID19vaccineresources@who.int
- The COVID-19 immunization checklist, an important job aid for health workers, is also available in new language versions. AR EN FR RU SP PT
- The COVID-19 Vaccination: Building Global Capacity webinars continue every Tuesday from 12:00 to 13:00 CET (interpretation into French and Spanish). Webinar materials are available through TechNet-21. For registration links and additional resources, please visit the Project ECHO website.
For questions, comments or feedback, please email COVID19vaccineresources@who.int.