An Integrated Campaign of Mono Oral Polio Vaccine Type 2 (mOPV2) and Vitamin A Supplementation
A campaign that addressed an outbreak of vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 and improved vitamin A supplementation delivery during COVID-19
- Assess preparedness for campaign integration at all levels.
- Establish a coordinating body at the national level to oversee campaign integration.
- Form coordinating bodies at the regional and local levels to coordinate activities and schedules.
- Coordinate messaging for dual interventions with equal emphasis.
- Use messaging technology for supervision and monitoring (e.g., bulk SMS and WhatsApp).
- Establish coordinating center/group (e.g., Emergency Operations Center) to have overall responsibility for integration.
- Involve stakeholders in the development of strategies to reduce the number of missed children. Examples may be using community information services and providing health services at public places like markets.
- Harmonize and align field tools.