Lessons Learned from Measles and Meningitis A Integrated Campaigns in Northern Nigeria
A Retrospective Study of Lessons Learned From the 2019-2020 Implementation of Measles and Meningitis A Integrated Campaigns in the Context of COVID-19
Research Methods and Approaches
This was a cross-sectional, mixed-methods study conducted at the state and national level. Past integrated campaign planning documents were reviewed, and focus group discussions and key informant interviews (KII) were conducted. Participants included national- and state-level managers of the Expanded Program for Immunization (EPI), health workers, and technical partners such as WHO, UNICEF, and the African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET).
- Desk review of past campaign planning documents
- Focus group discussions
- Semi-structured, in-depth interviews
- Thematic content analysis
- Review of past campaign micro-plans, readiness assessment dashboards, implementation checklists, and post-campaign coverage survey reports.
- Study participants included health care workers, national and state EPI managers, Non-Polio Supplemental Immunization Activities (NPSIA) teams, and technical partners.